Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the last stop on the Food Truck Festivals of New England tour when it came to Newport. The lovely Margaret Tseng and the wonderful Kevin Hou gamely took on the event with me; together we battled shockingly powerful winds, challenged stomachs that were already quite full from brunch, and embarked on a quest for free koozies (only Kevin was successful..). Five things I learned:
1. Oysters that come from a salt pond are apparently A-okay, especially when they’ve just been shucked.
2. Nice beer comes in cans too. Though novel, this fact becomes less exciting when you remember how hard it is to hold cans when it’s cold outside and how easily they fly away in the wind once they’re somewhat empty.
3. The only thing as cool as the food is the design on its truck.
4. Margaret Tseng is 100% one of the most adorable people I know.
5. I apparently have to dine at Tallulah’s ASAP to find out if the rest of their food is as delectable as these tacos.