In honor of International Talk like a Pirate Day, and because I generally have an affinity for scoundrels of the sea, a buccaneer-themed roundup of pirate-perfect items we should all want/need.
- Crewcuts Anchor Sweater | As some who is notorious for wearing kid’s clothes and getting away with it, this boy’s sweater from Crewcuts might have to find its way into my closet this fall…
- Stubbs & Wootton Slipper | I’d gladly pillage these from anyone’s closet. Velvet, embroidery and a threatening skull and crossbones? Yes please.
- Smathers & Branson Flask | Nothing says, “I’m up to no good,” like a stylish container for concealing alcohol!
- The Kraken Black Spiced Rum | Everyone knows pirates love rum. Plus, you’ll need something to put in that flask (see #3). What better spirit to sip than one inspired by the scariest non-human legend of the seas?
- Letterpress Pirate Card via Etsy | I don’t know about you, but I think this would look fabulous matted, framed, and on display. A perfect little gift for a swashbuckling friend and a great quote to boot.
Oh, and if you’re really in the spirit of things, one of your language options on Facebook is “Pirate”. Personally, I know I had that as my default for a solid 6 months in high school…whether that’s admirable or questionable is for you to decide. Enjoy, me hearties!