Chris Morris, a speaker I just listened to in my New Media Industries class, is a freelance journalist specializing in technology. He offered the class these nine tips for succeeding in business.
- Be nimble. Speed counts more than ever.
- Be sincere. People will bury you if you don’t treat them nicely.
- Be flexible. Staying on top of tends = job security.
- Be curious. With a 24 hour job you never know what you’ll end up covering.
- Be multifaceted. Expertise in one field is essential, but diversify.
- Be open to change. Risks yield rewards.
- Be persistent. Don’t let things fall between the cracks.
- Be polite. Make people want to work with you.
- Be wary. There are no shortcuts, and everyone is replaceable.
I love when this class has guest speakers…definitely worth the late time and 2.5 hour length.